Saturday • May 3, 2014
DAYS TO GO
Congratulations on your forthcoming graduation from West Virginia University Institute of Technology! You have worked hard to attain your degree, and we look forward to celebrating this momentous accomplishment.
If you have been approved for graduation this spring, you already should have received a graduation packet in the mail. If you did not, you can download the online packet here.
Things to Know for Commencement Weekend
1. Commencement will begin promptly at 10:00 am on Saturday, May 3, 2014 in the Neal Baisi Athletic Center.
2. If you or your any of your guests need mobility assistance, please see a campus police officer upon your arrival to campus. Campus police will assist with parking and access to the Baisi Center.
3. Please check-in on the second floor of the Baisi Center no later than 8:30 a.m. on the morning of commencement.
4. You will be issued a card with your name printed on it at check-in. Please keep this card with you during the ceremony. You will need to present this card to the reader at the podium prior to walking across the platform to be congratulated by your academic dean and campus president.
5. If you are graduating with honors, you will be given your honors cord/medallion at check-in at the Baisi Center.
6. Bring your cap and gown with you to check-in. If you haven’t already purchased your cap and gown, you can do so at the WVU Tech Bookstore. Normal bookstore hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday. On Friday, May 2, the bookstore will remain open until 4:30pm and will be open Saturday, May 3 from 8:00am to 1:00pm.
7. GradImages will be photographing all graduates during commencement. Visit their website, www.gradimages.com and click “Pre-Event Email Registration.”
8. The WVU Tech Chapter of the National Society of Leadership and Success will also be on hand throughout the day to photograph graduates and guests. The WVU Tech Chapter of NSLS is offering this service as a fundraiser for their chapter.
9. A reception honoring graduates and their guests sponsored by WVU Tech and the Golden Bear Alumni Association will be held in the Tech Center Ballroom immediately following commencement. While at the reception, be sure to sign up for your complimentary one-year membership to the Golden Bear Alumni Association.
10. WVU Tech is a tobacco-free campus.
Congratulations once again on your graduation! We look forward to seeing you on May 3. Please feel free to contact the Dean of Students office at (304) 442-3158 with any questions or concerns.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Nursing Pinning Ceremony
Tech Center Ballroom
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Neal D. Baisi Athletic Center
Immediately following the Commencement ceremony
Tech Center Ballroom
Sponsored by WVU Tech and the Tech Golden Bear Alumni Association